Thursday, April 7, 2022

The Wire

Watch The Wire Season 1 Episode 1 on Disney+ Hotstar

 It is ironic that I discovered this beast of literature at a time where wire is a four letter word (2020).

I am in awe of the hearts and minds and skills that created The Wire. Every character in it holds my attention, and stays with me after the episode is done. I think I would not have appreciated it as much when I was younger (and greener), and I might appreciate it more as I grow more brown. 

Bubba, Stringer, Weeboy, Dee, McNulty, Kima... their faces stay with me, and yet I do not spin stories of them in between the episodes or seasons. They are so alive to me, that I respect that they have their own stories and I will only absorb those that they tell me. 

This is the best story telling that I have seen for television, and now I have to go chase up everything else David Simon has done. 

The Wire: Omar Takes the Stand | HBO Replay - YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment